I’ve been tagged!!!! Hahaha I can’t believe I’m so excited ＼(★^∀^★)／ but I loved seeing that I had been tagged, making connections within the bookish community is so much fun!
So thanks to Sara @ The Bibliophagist for tagging me in this one! (づ￣ ³￣)づ
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer all the questions down below
- Pingback to the creator: Ellyn @ Allonsythornraxx
- Nominate 5+ bloggers you’d like to know more about to do this tag
As usual my answers will be waaaay too long so I’ll try to keep them as short as possible but don’t hesitate to comment if you want to know more about me (✪‿✪)ノ
1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING & WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I started my blog when I separated from my ex-husband. We had been together for 8 years and I just didn’t know what to do with my life, I needed to try new things. For about 2 years it wasn’t about anything in particular and I didn’t post a lot at all. I had maybe 6 posts in 2 years?
In parallel I had discovered Booktube and loved it but I wanted to be part of the community and realized that it was difficult since I didn’t have a channel. Many creators didn’t reply to my comments and I felt a bit excluded (of course no one was excluding me on purpose). Since I wanted to share my thoughts and since I feel way better writing than talking (since English is not my native language + I would hate showing my face on camera haha) I decided I had a lot to say and wanted to be part of the amazing blogging community.
It was difficult at first because I wanted to blog but my blog looked ugly. I asked a designer to work on it but she never had time to do it so after about 9 months I decided to cancel my contract with her and try to do it myself, redesigned the whole thing and finally started it “for real”. I’ve tried to post once a week in the past, now I’ve decided to try and post twice a week. We’ll see if I can manage it!
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
I love tags! I’ve just started doing them but it’s a lot of fun.
I also love posting about mangas because it’s a genre that I know a lot about (well I haven’t been in the game for a few years so I don’t know about new releases, but I have a lot of history since I’ve probably read at least 2’000 of them).
3. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 FAVORITE BLOG POSTS?
4. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS TO DO TO RELAX?
I love singing! I don’t sing well (not horribly either) but if I’ve had a rough day I turn on my “Sing” playlist in Spotify and belt out a few tunes. It gets rid of the extra energy and I feel super calm after that.
I love watching animated movies, especially Disney. My favorites for when I’m under stress are The Emperor’s New Groove and Hercules. I’ve discovered last week that my colleague also loves The Emperor’s New Groove and we’ve been randomly quoting it since then, we’re having tons of fun!
I also like doing yoga or going for a walk. I live in an amazingly beautiful area so it’s always a pleasure to walk by the lake for a while.
5. WHAT ARE 3 OF YOUR FAVORITE THINGS?
Things and not people/animals nor books: food, sunshine, music.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
I think it was being tagged for this post! My blog is still super new so I’ve never been approached by a publisher, haven’t had much interaction with people, so the fact that someone is actually interested in seeing my answers on this tag is amazing.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
I used to draw quite a lot but I haven’t had much inspiration lately, maybe it will come back soon. Here’s a drawing from me (that was Winter, part of my 4 seasons piece):
I love yoga and I also go to the gym, I’ve really taken a liking to it recently.
I also watch a lot of Booktube, TV and movies. I love going to the cinema on Sunday mornings, there are not too many people and I feel like I’ve accomplished something.
I have quite a busy social life, I love going out for drinks or dinner with my friends. We have our favorite places and I love a good veggie burger or Turkish cheese pide. And I love my wine!
I enjoy travelling and my husband and I have a huge list of countries we want to visit. We’re going to Sweden in April, Canada in June and Portugal in August. Every time we go somewhere we try to do some wine tasting because that makes me happy ♡＾▽＾♡
8. DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY IN 3 WORDS:
Observant, meticulous and responsible (I’m a Defender if you’re familiar with the 16-personalities test)
9. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 PET PEEVES?
- People who let their kids wreak havoc in a store/restaurant/plane and don’t seem to care. If the kid is throwing a tantrum and the parent is super sorry I’m not annoyed, but I hate it when the parent keeps doing their own thing and just doesn’t give a rat’s ass that their child is annoying everybody around them.
- People who talk about one-to-one topics/cases during meetings with the whole team and keep 20 people from going back to their job.
- People who have been waiting in line for 10 minutes waiting to order food and only start thinking about what they want when they reach the cashier, so it takes ages.
10. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
Hum I don’t know, I’ve just started so there are so many things I haven’t talked about yet! A fun fact: my brother and I both moved from France to Switzerland a few years apart (I moved 12 years ago and I think he moved 5 years ago). But the fun part is that we are neighbors, we literally live 10 seconds away (me at number 8, him at number 9). Crazy coincidence!
Since I don’t know many people yet I’m not tagging anyone this time, but if you enjoy doing tags let me know in the comments and I’ll definitely tag you next time!
Thanks for stopping by! (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)